My answer to this question is no. Usually the prices go up not down. There are of course exceptions to this.
Advantages to booking early:
- better cabin selection - there are more cabins available early - you could get a better cabin for a great price!
- better amenities in combination of the best price - usually if price goes lower than what you paid there are no amenities attached or visa versa
- if the price drops before final payment- most cruise lines will give you the difference - that's where having me help you book your cruise I can help because I watch for price drops!
- more time to save for the cruise - you can make monthly payments which is usually easier for most people
- flights are cheaper when you purchase them in advance
The cabins that may have a lower price weeks before the cruise are the cabins that no one else wants. Do you really want that cabin under the nightclub when you go to bed at 9pm?
Independent Vacation Specialist, Cruises Inc.